Saturday, July 7, 2012

Miley's Starghan




So it has been awhile since I've posted anything new.  It is in the middle of summer here so it has been hot and humid - too much so to crochet with yarn heating up my lap.

But, I do have a new niece scheduled to make her arrival in August, so this doting Auntie had no choice but to pick up her hook and make some baby blankets for this pending bundle of joy.

My sister found a wall decal that served as the springboard to the nursery theme.


  She decided that purple would be a nice neutral wall colour (since at that point, Miley was a mystery.)  Having seen a star-shaped afghan on my crochet pins on Pinterest, she made her request for a star afghan to grace the rocking chair.

Since two shades of purple were being used on the nursery walls, I decided to continue this for the afghan as well.

The yarns I used for this afghan are Red Heart Baby Clouds in white and orchid, Red Heart Soft in white (4600) and Bernat Baby Coordinates in Soft Lilac, and Bernat Baby Coordinates Chunky in Plushy Purple.

Looking online for starghan patterns, I feared that I was biting off more than I was accustomed to chewing!  The patterns seemed so complex somehow!

In the end I did what I typically do and came up with my own pattern (basically a single crochet decrease in the valleys and a 2 DC, ch, 2 DC cluster at the star points.)

I really like the way it turned out and I think it will make a great addition for the new addition in our family.

Here are some detail pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment