Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bunnies and Froggies and Elmos, Oh My!

So, as I said in my previous post, I've made some plain Jane (or Jack, as the case may be) slippers, but I've also snazzed them up a bit and made some other varieties. Here they are....

Bunnies....
This was my first attempt at a less than basic slipper. They will fit a 3 yr old. Photobucket
My second pair, and the smallest slippers I've made to date. For tiny 6 month old feet. These also have two-tone ears.  The face was made using puffy fabric paint. I'm in the process of making her mother a matching pair. (Although, the thought of how dirty a pair of white slippers are probably going to get makes me pause.)   Sorry for the fuzzy photo quality.
Photobucket
And women's size M/L bunnies. (Once I posted my smaller bunny slippers on Facebook, the requests came in for women's sizes.) Photobucket

Froggies.... Only one pair so far, for a 1 yr old. That is puffy fabric paint on the eyes, mouth and nostrils. Photobucket

And Elmo slippers.
 The idea for these came from a slipper request from a friend of mine, who is halfway around the world stationed in Korea. Apparently, one's feet get cold in Korea too! Who knew? He requested a pair of slippers and knowing his love of Elmo, I wondered if I could make a pair of slippers in the furry monster's likeness. I decided that a smaller pair for my 2 yr old niece, Kaylin, who is also an Elmo fan, would be a bite-sized attempt. Here are her finished slippers. And since she recognizes that they are Elmo, Auntie thinks she did a good job!
Photobucket
And here are the larger, men's size slippers that are headed to Korea to my friend who is stationed there.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The bunny is so cute..Love it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I have 3 blogs. I am assuming that you found my newest one because of Brandi on Facebook? I tried to add your blog address to Blogs I Follow on my DAT'S My Style Blog and your address wouldn't work and for some reason your full address isn't showing up right now for me to copy it....maybe because I got to you through your comment on my post. So, would you email it to me again at ddigby@shaw.ca. It was nice to hear from you.

    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete