Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cozy Slippers

Lately I've been crocheting up a lot of slippers - bunnies, Elmo, frogs, and just regular comfy slippers. I'll show you the fancy ones later, but here are my basic slippers.

These slippers were created using worsted weight yarn, using two strands at a time. Using two strands makes a nice thick, cozy slipper.
I've hunted on the web for a great slipper pattern for what seems like hours! (In fact, if you know of a good one-piece slipper pattern with a thick sole without being too bulky on the top, please let me know!) Since I couldn't find anything that really suited my needs, I came up with my own.
Photobucket
If there is interest in the pattern, I'll try to explain it in a further post. For now, here are more slippers I've made.
His and Hers...
Photobucket
Little Red Slippers....
Photobucket
These red slippers were made for a friend's children, one pair for a 2 yr old, and one pair for a 4 yr old. I couldn't decide if I should add ties or pompoms so in the end, they had both. Pompoms for fun, and ties to keep them on their feet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next time, the bunnies, frogs, and Elmo slippers! Be sure to subscribe to my blog because they are really cute and you won't want to miss them. K

No comments:

Post a Comment