Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Flower Purse for Kaylin



So I was having a hard time with a pair of unruly bunnies (slippers) last night, which caused me to put down the bunnies and whip up this cute little flower purse for my niece, Kaylin.

Now, I should explain that Kaylin is almost 2 and lately she's had a fascination with pockets.  Even if she is wearing a pair of leggings or pull on pants, she'll pretend she has pockets.  This, invariably, results in her walking around with her hands in her pants.  Who knows what kinds of things my sister has found in her pants at the end of the day!

The flower purse was created really quickly.  I just started with yellow circles (3 rows, ending up with 30 hdc.)  Next I made some light pink petals (clusters of sc, hdc, dc + dc, hdc, sc) around the yellow circle.  Finally the last row fuschia row added depth and division to the petals.  They were created in clusters of sl st, hdc, dc and tc.

I made two identical flowers, whipstitched them together, leaving an opening of a petal and a half for her little hands to tuck treasures inside.  I finished it off with a foundation chain handle.  Voila!  Perfect little flower purse for Kaylin!






No comments:

Post a Comment